Monday 1st January, 2018
Have you made a New Year resolution to come to our beautiful part of the world in 2018? Here is our list of 10 great things to look forward to on your Cornwall holiday this year.
And if this is your very first trip to Cornwall – then you’re in for a real treat!
1. The best beaches. If you love gorgeous, unspoilt beaches, then we have over 400 to choose from!
2. Amazing walks. From the spectacular Cornish Coast Path to the rugged landscape of Bodmin Moor, there are always new horizons to enjoy.
3. Stunning gardens. Our mild climate has helped to create some of the most famous gardens in the world, including Trebah, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Eden Project.
4. Fantastic restaurants. Featuring Rick Stein, Nathan Outlaw, Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen and many more.
5. Picturesque villages. Including delightful seaside gems like Polperro, Mousehole and Port Isaac (famous for the Doc Martin TV series).
6. Exciting watersports. Take to our crystal-clear waters for surfing, coasteering, sailing, paddleboarding, or some exhilarating sea fishing.
7. Inspiring history and legends. Everything from King Arthur to Poldark Country.
8. Brilliant attractions. Try Camel Creek Adventure Park or Flambards Theme Park for a day packed with fun.
9. Fascinating arts and culture. Experience the spectacular clifftop Minack Theatre or the newly-expanded Tate St Ives.
10. Superb golf. Cornwall is home to some of the most spectacular courses in the country, and Gwel an Mor has now added its very own challenge, The Famous Nine Golf Course. Our unique all-weather course takes its inspiration from the very best golf holes from around the world.
It is no wonder that Cornwall was recently voted the UK’s Best Holiday Destination for an incredible ninth year in a row at the British Travel Awards.
You can see from our top 10 list that Cornwall has so much to offer that you could never fit it all in to one holiday….…so you may just have to come in 2019 as well!