Tips from our Wellbeing Spa Therapists
Expert knowledge and advice
Tips for Oily Skin
Our Spa Therapist, Dannika, is here to help with some top tips on caring for oily skin.
If you've got oily skin you'll notice that it's shiny and prone to blackheads and blemishes - but it can be improved with these simple steps.
- Cleanse your skin with a light cleansing cream, avoiding heavy cleaners, harsh soaps and chemicals. Follow with a toning lotion but make sure to avoid ones that contain alcohol.
- Gently exfoliate a couple of times a week to reduce breakouts by stopping the pores becoming clogged.
- Use a face mask containing clay once a week to help draw out oil and keep the pores clean.
- Avoid products that leave the skin feeling taut or dehydrated as this makes the upper layers of the skin shrink, blocking pores and causing breakouts.
- Many clients ask if they can skip the moisturiser as they worry it'll add to the oiliness, however skin always needs to be hydrated, even oily skin! If skin lacks moisture it will produce more oil, just adding to the problem.
Don't forget, the bonus of having oily skin is that it ages better and tends to wrinkle less so you'll be looking younger much longer than others!
Our Spa Team are always on hand for advice, so feel free to give them a call or pop in and have a chat.