Carp & Tench
Our lake is fully stocked with mirrored and common carp as well as tench with our largest carp called ‘Billy’ weighing in at an impressive 16lbs!
When we originally stocked the lake three years ago, our mirrored and common carp weighed between 3lbs-12lbs and the tench were 8 inches – they have all grown nicely since then with many of the tench now measuring in at 16+ inches
There are 12 swims to fish from, plus there is a fully accessible toilet available between 10am-6pm Monday-Friday, or 8am-4pm Saturday/Sunday in the Lakeside Reception
We do not permit any of the following:
- Keep nets
- Ground baiting
- Barbed hooks
- Piercing of ground around this position
- Braided line or lead products
- Cat food, dog food or tiger nuts
Please use mats to lay fish on and return to water expediently
We don’t allow bank sticks as they may pierce the lining of the lake. With regards to the no braid rules – this is for main line and hook lengths to protect the fish. The no piercing ground rule includes the peg
If you wish to go fishing, you will require a license.
Here is how you get one and the rules around it. It is an easy process that only takes a few minutes by clicking the link below.
Under 13 years are free
13 – 16 years need a licence but it’s free
Over 16 years need a licence
1 day = £6
8 days = £12
Year = £30 (over 65 years or blue badge holder = £20)
Bait can be purchased at the Lakeside Reception. Fishing rules apply. Coarse fishing only, all stock to be returned to lake.
Winter Opening times: Mon – Fri 10am-6pm, Saturday/Sunday 8am-4pm
Open to everyone, guests and locals, just pop along for a quiet morning, a full day or even night or 24 hour fishing. Our Reception stocks bait and we have rods to hire. Don’t forget to pick up a loyalty card – collect 6 stamps and get a FREE full day of fishing!
- Full Day, 9am – 8pm: £15
- Half Day, 9am – 2pm or 2pm – 6pm: £8
- 24 Hours, 9am – 9am next day: £24
- Rod Hire: £5 per session
Fishing rules: No keep nets, ground baiting, barbed hooks, piercing of ground around this position, no braided line or lead products, cat food, dog food or tiger nuts. Please use mats to lay fish on and return to water expediently
The Clover Lake Fishing Etiquette
Lakeside Reception now open Monday – Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday/Sunday 8am-4pm. Outside of the Lakeside Reception opening hours, please contact the Main Reception, open daily 8am-8pm.
We would politely ask that you observe the following rules and guidelines:
- We do not provide pre-booked times: simply turn up to fish when you want and be respectful to other people fishing
- Payment will be made in the shop on arrival by accepted debit and credit card only
- Please observe any signage
- Ideally we advise you to bring all the equipment you need. However, we have a range of fishing equipment to hire if needed, please visit our shop
- Please leave the lake expediently once you’ve finished to make room for other fishers