If you looking for a luxury lodge holiday near St Ives, where you can easily explore all this stunning coastal town has to offer, then our 5-star resort is a great option.
We’re located just 20 minutes away from St Ives, so you can be browsing the shops or sampling some fine cuisine in next to no time!
Our favourite things to do in and around St Ives
Described as the jewel in Cornwall’s crown, St Ives it has won much acclaim as a premier holiday destination. We think it’s a must visit during your stay at our resort, that’s for sure.
But with so much to take in, how should you spend your time? He’s our top 5 things to do in St Ives…
- Arts and Culture: From performing arts, live shows, museums and art galleries to festivals, St Ives is the art mecca of the Southwest. Must visits are the Barbara Hepworth Museum, The Tate St Ives and The Bernard Leach Pottery Museum.
- Enjoy some serious retail therapy: This small town certainly packs in the punters, who flock to wander around the many narrow streets and browse the dozens of independent shops. From jewellery and clothing to art galleries and surf shops, there’s plenty of places where you can exercise your credit card.
- Food & drink: St Ives has a strong reputation as a food lovers’ paradise. Whether family-friendly or romantic fine-dining, the town’s restaurants have access to the best local seafood, hand-reared livestock and organic fruit and veg.
- Hit the beach! St Ives is home to several beaches, either side of this small spit of land that just out into the bay. When the tide is the Harbour Sand beach is a great place to build sandscastles with the kids while, for some serious sunbathing to the other side of town and enjoy Porthmeor Beach, which is a great spot for surfing.
- Live like a local! One thing we always encourage our guests to do is take in a local event. From carnivals to festivals (and just about everything inbetween) there’s always something worthwhile taking place. And St Ives is no different. In September you can enjoy the St Ives September Festival and the St Ives Food & Drink Festival, both of which are well worth a visit!
Why choose Gwel an Mor?
For luxury lodge holidays near St Ives, our resort ticks all the boxes! At Gwel an Mor you can experience the very best lodge accommodation on the market.
Our range of luxury Cornwall holiday lodges are finished to the highest of standards and our attention to detail is quite simply second to none…
Our award-winning resort is also home a to a fantastic array of facilities and amenities, all designed to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. These include:
- Wellbeing Spa
- Terrace Restaurant
- Swimming pool & gym
- Base Camp soft play centre
- Feadon Farm wildlife centre
- The Famous Nine Golf Course
- Clover coarse fishing lake