Multi generation family holidays are enjoying a surge in popularity – and it’s easy to see why. Grandparents get to spend more quality time with their loved ones, parents can get help with minding the children while they are on their holiday, and the kids themselves always have a grown-up on hand to look after them and help keep them entertained.
As a result, three generation family breaks can be a fantastic way for all of you to strengthen your relationships, share some great experiences, and create wonderful holiday memories together.
At Landal Gwel an Mor Resort in Cornwall, you can choose from accommodation which is just perfect for extended family holiday breaks. If grandad or grandma have a disability or limited mobility, you can take your pick from some of the most outstanding accessible accommodation in the UK. And everyone will be wowed by the stunning designer accommodation in the Luxury, where there is even a TV in the bathroom as well as a bubbling hot tub and cosy woodburning stove to gather round.
Here are our suggestions to help you put together three Generation Family Breaks at Landal Gwel an Mor that will work like a dream…
- Do some advance planning so that you can do your best to cater for everyone’s preferences. For extended family holiday breaks like these, you need to take account of each generation’s needs when it comes to food and activities. Make sure everyone gets a chance to say what they would like out of the holiday.
- Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that you have to do everything as a group. On multi generation family holidays, it is important that each person gets some time to enjoy a favourite activity. Grandad might want to try fishing at our Clover Lake. Mum might like a spa treatment. Dad may fancy a round of golf at The Famous Nine. Grandma may enjoy a peaceful country walk. And Mum and Dad might appreciate a romantic meal together. Everyone should have room for some holiday “me-time.”
- Feel the magic! Holidays in Cornwall are about making memories that will last a lifetime. Many of us have treasured memories of beach holidays from our childhood. On a multi generation family holiday in Cornwall, you get to experience those magical moments all over again through the eyes of your children or grandchildren. Many people tell us that this is most special part of their trip. You can introduce the younger ones to many timeless experiences: building sandcastles, swimming in the warm sea, exploring rockpools, discovering wildlife. At the same time, grandparents and parents will remember the very first time they did those wonderful things together.
- Mealtimes are a great way of having quality time together. If you are travelling with very young children, you will need think about the ideal times of day to eat that will suit them and work for the adults as well. When you come to Landal Gwel an Mor for 3 generation family breaks, you will find there is lots of flexibility. You can self-cater in your luxury lodge, dine at our Terrace Restaurant, or take advantage of our Takeaway service, delivered to your door. There is something for everyone!
- On multi generation family holidays it is great if you can plan days out that have something for all the generations. Here in Cornwall, there is an amazing choice available with stunning beaches, glorious countryside, great attractions and fascinating history. Attractions such as Newquay Zoo, The Eden Project and Land’s End have something to appeal to everyone. And our very own Feadon Farm Wildlife Centre provides unique experiences that will leave all ages spellbound.
- When planning multi generation family holidays, it is always good to have some all-weather options for activities. Our sparkling swimming pool is open all year round, while we also offer our spectacular Base Camp indoor activity centre. Whatever the weather, kids can let off steam while the older generations relax over a coffee or a glass of wine. Always good to know!
Our team at Landal Gwel an Mor have years of experience in planning three generation family breaks like these. Speak to us and we will help put together a luxury break in Cornwall that the whole family will love.