Tel: 01209 842 354
Open 9am - 9pm
Gwel an Mor fair trading terms Please read this carefully. When you book your holiday with us you are entering into a contract which binds you and us in various ways. Youll see we have clearly set out the booking conditions with a list of responsibilities and commitments we and you have towards each other.
1.Terms. All terms are per week for the Holiday-Home as equipped and described. The usual time of take-over is 4pm (subject to unavoidable delays). You must leave your Holiday-Home by the time stated on your hire invoice (usually 10am), You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition. You are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay. Prices include VAT at 20% (where applicable) and are subject to change if the rate or application of VAT changes. In the event of a change in the rate of VAT during the course of the year your holiday will be invoiced at the new amount of VAT unless you have already taken your holiday or paid the balance in full, prior to the date of change.
Deposit for holidays of 7 days or more starting Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, the previous Saturday charges apply, for Wednesday, Thursday or Friday starts the following Saturday charges apply. For 3 or 4 night Breaks that cover two price periods, the week in which the greater number of nights are taken applies. Where an equal number of nights are taken in two different price periods, the average of the two weekly prices apply.
2. Booking Conformation. The submission of the completed booking form (or telephone agreement) shall constitute an offer by the client and a contract shall come into existence if and when Gwel an Mor accept the booking in writing, and it is then not normally transferable. Once a booking has been confirmed by us to you, should you require us to amend your booking or to re-invoice you for any reason (including for example accidental loss of the original invoice) then a fee of £15.00 will be charged for any re-invoicing. The contract shall be deemed to have been made at Gwel an Mor offices at Portreath. Changes by You: Once a booking has been confirmed by us to you, should you require us to amend it or to re-invoice you for any reason (including for example accidental loss of the original invoice) then a fee of £15.00 will be charged. Up to 4 weeks before the holiday start date you may change your Holiday-Home to another one within the same park as your original booking, subject to availability, and payment of the above fee and charges. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party (introduced by you) at any time providing, you pay the administration fee of £15-00.
3. Number in your party. It is a condition of your booking that the total number in your party shall not exceed the capacity of the Holiday-Home as advertised.
4. Booking Monies. When you book you must pay the applicable Initial Payment shown in this brochure. For bookings from overseas we require 50 per cent of the hire charge as Initial Payment. Your Balance of Hire Money is due and payable by the date printed on your Hire Invoice. We do not send another reminder after the invoice has been sent, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and retain the deposit paid, if full settlement of the invoice has not been made within this time. For bookings made within 7-weeks of your holiday start date you pay the full monies when, you make your booking.
We reserve the right to pass on to you any bank charges and other costs we incur if payment is made in a foreign currency, by Eurocheque exceeding £700, or by any other method not normally accepted by us or if we have to represent a cheque or process late payments.
5. Cancellation by you. Telephone us immediately if you have to cancel your holiday. Then on the same day send us by first class mail your hire invoice. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your written notification. Your cancellation will be acknowledged by us in writing- We will then endeavour to relet for you.
If we are successful in re-letting all of your holiday you will only forfeit your booking deposit. If we are only successful in re-letting part of your holiday or only manage to re-let the whole of your holiday at a lower price than that originally paid by you and the value of the re-let is less than your outstanding balance of hire you will also be held responsible for the difference. If we cannot re-let, then you will be held responsible for the prompt payment of the full cost of the holiday. We strongly advise you to take out cancellation insurance.
6. Minors. We cannot accept bookings from anyone under 18-years of age.
7. Linen, Towels, Bed linen are provided (this will be duvets or quilts). You will be asked for a key deposit.
8. Availability. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that your confirmed Holiday-Home will be available for your use on the agreed date. Very occasionally, force majeure does not make this possible. Where force majeure (as defined in clause 9) arises, we have the right to cancel your booking. In this event, we will endeavour to offer you an alternative Holiday-Home, if available. If we cannot do so or if you do not wish to accept the alternative we offer, we will refund all monies you have paid to us in full. Where any cancellation or change results from force majeure as defined in clause 9, our liabilities are limited to offering you an alternative Holiday Home (where available) or full refund as set out above. We regret we cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change.
The owners reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or the whole or any part of any programme of activities which have either been advertised or previously available without prior notice. The owners have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person(s) who, in the opinion of the owner is not suitable to take charge of it. In such cases, all hire charges paid will be refunded in full and the Contract shall be discharged-If, in the opinion of owner, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or annoyance to other holiday makers the Contract may be discharged. In this event the hirer shall remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund shall be due. The hirer shall also be liable for any damage caused in the holiday home. The owner has the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise.
Group/Party Bookings, The organiser or leader of a group or party booking is responsible for completing the party details on the booking form. Should you arrive at your holiday park with such a group without notifying us of the required details, the owner(s) have the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to you. You may be asked to pay a Security Deposit at time of takeover. All-Male or All-Female party bookings. The Holiday Park caters primarily for family holidays. All-male or all-female parties are at our discretion. You will be asked to pay a Security Deposit at time of takeover). Wheelchair/Disabled Persons. If you have a person in your party with any special requirements, please tell us at the time of booking, and state it on you booking form, as only certain Holiday Homes are suitable.
9. Force Majeure. We regret we cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to force majeure. Circumstances amounting to force majeure include any event which the owner(s) could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your Holiday-Home (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control.
10. Pets by arrangement only.
11. Your Vehicles. Your vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. The owner(s) will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever other than, in the case of the owner(s), the negligence of him/herself or his/her employees or agents or, in our case negligence of ourselves or our employees or agents. Parking is restricted to l vehicle per unit, overflow car parks are to be used thereafter.
12. Any Shortcomings. You must notify any shortcomings with your Holiday-Home to the Park representative or owner(s) immediately so that remedial action, if appropriate, can be taken. The owners(s) cannot accept any liability in relation to any shortcomings or claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify the owner(s) of any complaint during holiday and write to us within 28 days of the end of your holiday.
A deposit of £150 per lodge will be charged on arrival. This is held as a deposit against any damages of our property this will be returned 7 days after your departure and must be paid by credit or cheque supported with a valid cheque guarantee card.
13. Serious accidents. Neither we nor our employees or agents accept liability for any personal injury loss or damage which may be sustained by your party or their guest or their property during the period they or any of them are at Gwel an Mor except where it arises from the negligence or wilful default of us, our employees or agents.
14. While every care is taken to ensure that the details shown in the brochure are correct. Gwel an Mor cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or the results thereof,
15. Gwel an Mor has the right to adjust entertainment and activities dates within 24 hours without prior notice.