Tel: 01209 842354
Open 9am - 9pm
Imagine yourself in 5 star luxury at our award winning resort in Cornwall, a place that sets a completely new standard in holiday lodges.
We strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy the holiday village, facilities and surrounding areas.The M3 Assisted Living holiday lodges at Gwel an Mor are fully compliant with Visit Britain National Accessible Scheme and we provide disabled parking, ramps and easy access pathways around the site.
These lodges offer the very highest standard in disabled holiday accommodation. With the same painstaking attention to sheer luxury and quality as all the holiday lodges at Gwel an Mor, these luxury lodges have been designed with the needs of people with disabilities or limited mobility in mind.
Guests are encouraged to inform us of any specific needs, so that lodges can be adapted as required if reasonable and practical. It may be useful to inform staff of medical conditions or requirements if you feel it is relevant.
Our 5 star resort is a ten minute walk (or a two minute drive) from the lovely north Cornwall fishing village of Portreath, with its wonderful beach of golden sands. So our location is enviable and there are sensational views of the coast from all of the holiday lodges. Cornwall is a fantastic place to spend a holiday by the seaside - and you would be hard pressed to find a more special place to stay than the Gwel an Mor luxury resort at Portreath.
The nearest bus stop is at the end of our drive, approx 300 yds, and the nearest train station is Redruth. There are accessible taxis at the station.
Should you require the use of either a wheelchair, shower chair or mobility scooter during your stay, all are available from Reception (free of charge). Please ask a member of our reception team for details using the contact details below (subject to availability).
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01209 842 354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The M3 Assisted Living lodges have been built to the National Accessible Scheme's M3A standard (Mobility level 3 assisted) on the ground floor and have been inspected and approved by Visit Britain's accessibility officer.
Each unit comprises the following:-
a) Ground Floor (designed to be fully accessible)
- Accessible bedroom with twin beds. One bed is electrically operated
- En-suite bathroom fully accessible with shower, W.C. & wash hand basin
- Kitchen designed to NAS standard
- Lounge/dining room
- External decked sitting area
b) First Floor (additional bedroom accommodation if required - stair access)
- 1 no. double bedroom with en-suite (shower, W.C. & wash hand basin)
- 1 no. twin bedroom
- 1 no. bathroom (bath/shower, W.C. & wash hand basin)
The lodges have been designed to provide as much flexibility in party size as possible. For instance, a couple could use the ground floor only, or two or even three couples (with one couple requiring the disabled facilities) could have a bedroom suite each, or a family of six can be easily accommodated.
For those not too familiar with the National Accessible Scheme requirements we list below the main elements in each ground floor room.
- Timber laminate floor
- 2 no. single beds with a central access walkway of minimum 900mm wide, sufficient for wheelchair/hoist access
- 1 no. bed is electronically operated. This bed can be positioned to allow for right or left hand transfer. Please advise staff at time of booking
- The beds are raised up from the floor and supported on feet which will allow manoeuvring of hoists
- Low level clothes hanging space
- Low level drawer unit
- Door to:
- Non-slip tiled floor with 'wet room' construction to shower to allow easy level access to shower area. Large shower curtain
- Freestanding shower chair
- 1 no. Self-propelling shower wheel chair can be provided on request
- Hinged and fixed handrails to shower to assist transfer
- W.C. with hinged and fixed handrails to assist transfer
- Large washbasin size suitable for full washing and complete with support rails either side
- Alarm with pull cord
- Minimum clear space of 1200mm in front of units and work surfaces
- Hob at a height of 850mm with clear space below
- The oven base at a height between 650-800mm
- At least one shelf of the fridge and the freezer are at an accessible height (between 600mm & 1200mm)
- Fire blanket
- Large open plan room with wide access walkways around the furniture
- Adjustable height dining table with six leather chairs
- 1 no. 'Carver' style chair can be provided on request
- The seating includes a single fabric lounge chair with arms, a fabric sofa and a leather sofa
This area accessed off the living/dining provides a large external timber decked area with a raised table and six chairs and plenty of space for wheelchairs.
Access to the lodge and parking
A dedicated disabled car park is situated directly outside the lodges with an approximate distance of 15 metres from the car to the front door. It is effectively a 'cul-de-sac' arrangement so there will not be any passing vehicles. Each space is 3.6m wide x 4.8m long. For visitors bringing two cars we would ask that the second car is parked in the main reception car park.
Access from the perimeter of the car park to the front door is via a ramp with a gradient of 1:20 with a handrail provided to one side.
- All doors are minimum 800mm wide
- The whole of the ground floor is level
- Hoist and other equipment can be arranged via a local supplier. Please contact HSC Mobility (16 Marsh Lane, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 5JR, 01736 755927) who will arrange for delivery and installation to the lodge on the day of your arrival
- A mobile alarm system is provided to each unit
Our Assisted Living holiday lodges are registered as NAS M3 Assisted Living standard.
We have a large parking area (including dedicated disabled spaces) at Reception. The dedicated disabled spaces are provided at the side of the building giving level access to Reception.
Each accommodation, including our M3 Assisted Living lodges, has its own dedicated parking space with easy access to the lodge.
On arrival our staff will be happy to show you to your lodge and explain the facilities and equipment provided.
Pathway surfaces are non-slip paving throughout the resort. Access to lodges is wooden decking with a slight slope. All areas are well lit at night.
Reception is on the ground floor, very well lit and fully accessible via paths with gentle slopes.
All Reception staff have undertaken access for all training and are therefore fully aware of specific needs.
Reception, the Terrace Restaurant, the Wellbeing Spa, Clubhouse swimming pool and Feadon Farm are all fully accessible.
The Terrace Restaurant has been designed to allow easy access around its space. Sofas and standard chairs are available.
The Terrace is situated in the centre of the site approximately 50-60m away from the lodges. A pathway which is ramped with a gradient of 1:15 max is provided from the disabled parking areas to the external decking of the restaurant with level access into the restaurant.
An electronically operated entrance door is provided for your assistance. Internally the whole of the floor area is level.
A disabled W.C. facility is provided.
Public toilets are situated in the Reception Clubhouse area. A dedicated disable W.C. toilet is provided.
These leisure facilities are situated at Reception on the ground floor. This building is situated at the entrance of the site adjacent to the car park. It is approximately 120m away from the accessible lodges. Ramped pathways are provided from the lodges to this building.
Two dedicated disabled parking bays are provided in main the car park. There is a level pathway connecting the car park to the entrance door.
The whole of the building is level. The swimming pool is approximately 12.0m x 6.0m x 1350mm deep with steps for access. The pool also includes a hoist for ease of entry and exit to the water. The gym is also accessible with some apparatus available to use.
All gardens are designed with a gentle slope with various accessible paths throughout. The path to the farm is also manageable and accessible via our main drive.
Our Wellbeing Spa is situated in the same building as the main Reception on the ground floor. The two treatment rooms are fully accessible and we also offer in-lodge treatments when possible.
All staff are all trained/aware of welcome all access schemes and are always happy to help and assist.
We have a fully dedicated team who will offer luggage pick up and drop off, we can even help unloading vehicles if needed.
All activities are fully accessible and staff members will assist in using various equipment (hoist, pool chair etc) whenever required.
Accessibility is at its peak at Gwel an Mor. We are however building further assisted living 'Residence' lodges on our new development.
Address (Inc postcode):
Gwel an Mor Resort, Feadon Lane, Portreath Cornwall, TR16 4PE
01209 842 354
Hours Of Operation:
Reception is open 9am - 9pm (peak season). 9am - 8pm (low season)
Debbie at Disability Cornwall on 01736 759500
Local Equipment Hire:
HSC Mobility: 16 Marsh Lane, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 5JR. Tel: 01736 755927
Local Accessible Taxi:
Portreath Taxi: 07891 586 668
Local Public Transport:
First Bus Service: 0871 200 2233
If you would like more information on Gwel an Mor's accommodation & facilities call 01209 842354, email email@example.com - or fill in our easy to use enquiry form on the Contact page. Calls are recorded for training and quality purposes.